Friday, September 08, 2006

Bits and bobs

The seasons are turning once more.

There’s a definite chill in the air in the mornings, and my walks at half past six are now just a little after sunrise. I do like this time of year though – once the sun is up in the sky the days are pleasantly warm without the oppressive heat of summer and there is a certain crispness to everything.

Frank went to the vet this week and was told off for being overweight at 5.3Kg, so I’ve cut down on the dried food that I give the cats in the morning. Frank has responded by bringing in a mouse with half its face chewed off and an enormous dead bird leaving a trail of feathers through the house. Lovely.

My fitday.com journal is proving to be quite interesting. I seem to be averaging about 2000 calories a day, which is probably about right. It’s made me look twice at some foods that I would have eaten without thinking, and also feel OK about some things that I felt guilty about before. Asda crisps are not too bad at 129 calories, but Kellogs Nutrigrain bars that I had sort of assumed would be healthier are actually 180 calories a go. Go figure.

In other news, Animal Crossing has been played a little more this week after neglecting matters in Dogwood for a while. I’ve caught a few new insects, bought a throne from Pigwood for 640,000 bells with my 20% platinum discount card, been fobbed off with a forged Perfect painting from Crazy Redd and had a blue pig move into my town.

No comments: