Sunday, April 09, 2006

Sunday games

My aching bones were not fit for much more than playing games and reading today, although I did manage to push the hoover around and get the worst of the dog hairs up so I could settle down and play with a clear conscience. So today I have mostly played :

  • Animal Crossing – It’s the final day of the flower festival today, so after the usual fruit harvest and daily letter writing tasks, I tidied up my garden. My black rose seems to have come back to life after being watered yesterday and I also have managed to grow a pink tulip by planting white and red ones next to each other. A cursory glance around the village shows that none of the other animals have a display as all round GRATE as mine, so I have just got to wait for Tortimer to get around to judging it and awarding me the prize that is rightfully mine.
  • Phoenix Wright : Ace Attorney – I’ve just played the first case on this so far, but it is excellent fun. I love the over the top manga style graphics and the script has made me laugh out loud several times already. The game play is similarly good – catching witnesses out in lies and finding the flaws in the evidence, and shouting ‘OBJECTION!!!’ into the microphone. ACEBEST.
  • Dungeons and Dreamers – I’m about half way through this account of the development of the world of multiplayer online gaming phenomenon and it traces a line through the early pen and paper rpgs of Gary Gygax and Dave Arneson, through the Ultima series by Richard Garriot and the online death matches of Doom and Quake. Interesting stuff.
  • Godfather – I have now taken over New Jersey after bombing the Stracci family compound, and I am well on my way to completely wiping them out completely. I’m saving up my extortion money to buy a street sweeper shotgun before tackling the Barzini and Cuneo families though. 
  • Tomb Raider Legend – I’ve not had a chance to play this yet, but Jamie is impressed so far and the humble xbox does a fine job with the graphics. Would it really be worth the extra money for the next-gen gloss and higher resolution of the 360 version? Probably not … 

I’ve also played the drinking capuccino, eating chocolate, snoozing and looking at the snow falling outside the window games.

1 comment:

Leigh said...

I forgot about the flowerfest and Stitches the bear won it in my town...although it seems that all my animals have decided to neglect their flowers in the last few days and my town looks like a wilderness with brown flowers everywhere.

Phoenix Wright is very good isn't it? Bought an import copy for my wife ages ago and she's only just finished it so now I'm playing it...just wait until the second case you'll love it!

P.S. I'm not a stalker...we have a blogger in common, Niles.