Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Twas on a wednesday morning ...

This has been a good day, on the whole. The gas man comethed this morning and replaced the whole of the heat exchanger doobry, which hopefully should fix the niggly problem that we’ve had with the boiler conking out every six months or so. We’ve certainly had our money’s worth out the the service contract.

Work has been a mix of testing logins and procedures for the new purchase order system, and amending the expense forms yet again after another change in inland revenue rules for staff claiming back petrol costs and the associated vat receipts. Ho hum. More of the same tomorrow I guess.I had a nice email from somebody at our other office – they’d bought one of the old office laptops for their child, installed some humungous Norton Anti-Everything suite on it and found that the poor thing had ground to a halt. I uninstalled the Norton, put AVG on instead and had a tidy up and a defrag which cured the problem.

Finally, after a walk in the woods I realized that I was starving after only having had two crumpets for lunch so I was despatched to the local chippy to bring home fish suppers for all. I am now pleasantly stuffed, sitting on my bed with my laptop with my little usb light on a stalk illuminating the scene and a nice cup of tea to drink.

Ahhh.

2 comments:

Anonymous Me said...

I've always wondered this: what exactly is a crumpet?

thermalsatsuma said...

They are made from an eggless batter, about the size and thickness of a hockey puck. When you toast them they become crispy on the outside, with a delightful chewyness inside with an open texture that is just perfect for melted butter or cheese.