Friday, December 02, 2005

Anticipation Eschaton

I don't know why I spend so long thinking of titles for my blog posts. For some reason, I have to have the title in place before I start writing - perhaps I should write the post first and then fit a title to it? The above title is a track from the bizarro rave concept album 'Arbor Bona Arbor Mala' by the Shaman, and it fits mainly for the subtitle 'Be ready for the storm'.

Anyhoo, what a dark, dank and miserable day. Work has been relatively quiet, apart from testing a fix to a bug I reported ages ago, so I've been running through some data integrity checks prior to running the month end analysis reports. I had a nice compliment yesterday for a report I cobbled together in about ten minutes, compared to the one on Wednesday which was a darn sight more tricky and took half the day with nary a word of thanks. Harrumph.

Last night saw some serious Mario Kart action. I've finished the first set of 50CC grand prix races and started on the second set of missions. They're an interesting mix of different skill tests and boss fights - things like getting a certain number of power slide boosts in one lap, or knocking a boss character off a platform in a sumo stylee. It's a good way to learn the game, although my m@d l33t KRATZ SK1LLZ seemed to desert me when I went online and I didn't win a single match, although I came frustratingly close on a couple of games.

I think that I need to experiment with some different character and kart (sorry, that should be KRAT) combinations and find one that fits my driving style better than my usual choice of Luigi with the Standard LG. The more I play it, the more impressed I am - it's a fabulously deep and subtle racing game with some lovely touches and there really is nothing quite like racing real people from round the world whilst you are sat on your sofa watching "I'm a celebrity - I can't believe it's not butter".

Ahem. Three days plus posting time for Animal Crossings ... fret fret. Time for some chilli noodles with peanut butter and a nice cup of tea methinks.

No comments: