Tuesday, November 15, 2005

Ow ...

Well, at least it was quick. The injection was probably the most unpleasant bit, although when the surgeon said "Oh - it's burst" that came in a close second. I now feel as if I have been slapped in the face with a wet kipper and the stitches on the inside of my lip feel like a large hairy spider that has taken up residence in there.

It's not too bad now, as long as I talk through gritted teeth like Clint Eastwood ... feeling lucky, punk? Apparently the swelling will get worse over the next two days, so I might have to substitute a Marlon Brando impression tomorrow ... :-)

3 comments:

thermalsatsuma said...

Thanks punky - it was a mucocele which is a blocked saliva gland that forms into a sort of lumpy cyst. I'd had it for about six months and it was getting pretty painful from being bitten all the time, so it's a real relief to be rid of it.

maria said...

So is it more swollen today, doll?

thermalsatsuma said...

Not too bad, although it is sore though. Nothing that paracetomol won't cure, fortunately.