Wednesday, November 30, 2005

Call of Cthulhu : Annihilated

“Now … at my end … I can fully see. My last case opened in me a new fear … a real fear … a fear of myself, of what I am … and of what I have always been. All that I was, is now lost.”

After a flipping difficult level with hordes of deep ones, a deep fried mother hydra, a gong that deafened me (with a pretty good simulation of tinnitus) and a final nerve jangling escape through collapsing tunnels I found myself back in the asylum where I started the game. After a epilogue that showed me just how insignificant I was in the face of cosmic madness, I ended my life with a ligature. Utterly fantastic, utterly gripping and utterly recommended.

“Hope? Purpose? Pleasure? All meaningless. I now walk in the shadows between worlds … and it is there I have finally glimpsed upon what lives in the dark corners of the earth …”

No comments: