Saturday, September 10, 2005

Rainy Day

I awoke this morning to the sound of rain falling steadily outside my window, as well as the noise of two cats bickering while they waited for me to be sufficiently awake to feed them. I bunged a load of washing in the machine and set off with Barney, listening to the news on my muvo only then realising that it was only just seven o'clock in the morning ... groan. Both dog and man got soaked by the time we'd been once round the woods and I was ready for a nice cup of tea by the time I got home. Still, the rain is exactly what we need for the new lawn, which is looking satisfyingly green now.

Today was another workshop day, and judgement day for four of the Sheffield Crew. It was a tough session for them with one stabbed arm for Amber and an impressive tondo to the face for Kat that resulted in a rather dented mask. Congratulations are due to Luisa, Rachel and Kat for passing in fine style, and commiserations to Amber for missing out, but that's a story for another time, I think. We were all a bit frazzled from the emotional rollercoaster of the day, but we had a bit of new stuff to play with (disengagements, counter cavationes and doubles) followed by a bit of freeplay to finish with. Rachel's parry zebra left me weak with laughter and was a real high point to the day.

Home for another walk, with a steady drizzle rather than rain this time, a shower and a glass of cold beer. Jamie couldn't wait to try on the junior plastron and jacket that the Prof had found for him, and he was delighted to find that they fitted him, with a little bit of growing room as well. He's just been looking on Go-Fence.com for a mask and gloves to go with the jacket ... :-)

No comments: