Sunday, September 04, 2005

Balance

I think I've caught up on my sleep deficit of the last two weeks at last.

Following the fun and games last weekend, I've had a stupid amount of work to catch up on followed by a three hour return journey from Brum on Thursday. I made up for it with a rather nice Saag Paneer in the recently refurbished Indian Chef on Crookes (and Jan drove so I could have a pint of Greene King IPA as well - yaybo!). The curry was made with lovely fresh spinach and big chunks of paneer cheese - very tasty.

Friday I was working at home, but spent most of the day on the phone remotely driving somebody else's desktop to show them the expenses invoicing procedure (and finding all the problems with it - grrr). The paved side of our garden is finished now, with just the turf to put down on the other side, so we had the first chiminea night in ages - beer and half a dutch cigar with the lights on the pergola providing some illumination.

Saturday was an early start, playing furniture tetris in the garage to clear enough space to get our two old sofas out and into a van for their two new owners, namely Shullie and Amber. The day was then spent shuttling backwards and forwards shifting furniture and boxes accompanied by a range of interesting squeaks and rattles from the old transit van that had been hired for the day and we were regularly refuelled by sandwiches from the co-op and cups of coffee, fizzy pop and chocolate bars. After watching a bit of The House of Flying Daggers and The Duellists (two films I really want to watch now) on Burgi's sooper dooper big tv we set off on the quest for Key Lime pie, with some eventually being found in Tescos, before arriving at Luisa's 40th birthday party having missed the clown (fortunately for me, and for at least three or four other people that I talked to who suffer from Clown-O-Phobia).

Today I have mostly been stealing helicopters, base jumping off a cliff riding a mountain bike, dancing in a nightclub, being told I am too muscly to be attractive, returning to my old house to stock up on molotov cocktails and finally catching a train back to the garage where I now operate from. In the afternoon, I got stuck into reading The Algebraeist by Iain M Banks and I think I've now got past the point of alien-name-overload and can enjoy the intriguing space opera story behind it all. A nap, a walk and finally a chance to catch up with this sat in the back garden with a cup of tea. Ahhhh.

No comments: