Sunday, July 31, 2005

San Andreas

I've been away.

Five years. That's most of my adult life, counting the time from when I first picked up a piece and shot somebody. I don't think that I would have ever come back - contrary to all expectations I kept my nose pretty clean in Liberty City, took care of business and made a chunk of change.

Things changed though. I got the call telling me that ma had died, murdered and was now six feet under. I came back on the first flight I could get, and it cost me half of my change. The other half I lost to a certain Officer Tenpenny who rolled me as soon as the taxi left the airport. He shook me down, pretty much framed me for the murder of a cop from internal affairs and then dumped me in the middle of Ballas turf with only a bmx bike to get me home. Funny guy, and I don't mean in the amusing sense of the word.

I didn't think things could get much worse, but they did.

Most of the old gang was dead or gone or up the river. There were Ballas tags not three blocks from the hood. Sweet and Big Smoke had gone soft. My sister was seeing some cholo guy who actually turned out to be straight up, but that's another story.

Time to start putting things right. Get in shape to fight. Make a little money shooting pool and making some turf investments. Buy some heat. Wear the colours. Start spraying our tags again.

CJ is back, and you better believe it!

Well, that sort of explains what I have been doing for the last week, apart from working and finishing off Harry Potter. San Andreas is the most immersive game I’ve played in a long time – I’ve found myself planning my day and thinking I’ll spend a hour or two in the gym, followed by a game of pool in the bar and then a trip downtown listening to James Brown and Booker T on Master Sounds FM. Sweet. If you have a pc, xbox or ps2 then you really should get this game.

No comments: