Sunday, February 20, 2005

Knights of the Old Republic II

Long standing readers of this blog (who really should pull up a chair and sit down to rest their weary legs) will recall that Knights of the Old Republic was one of my favourite games last year, with intriguing characters and a plotline with one of the best twists ever. The sequel is out, and so me and Master Dogwood are getting stuck in again. My Jedi this time is Qatya Tris - and I may well be tempted to the dark side by some of the new powers available. The start of the game is much the same as the first one - you wake up with no memory of your past and try to piece it together from the clues available - and the progression of your character through the moral choices that you make is the same, but this time your choices affect the other characters as well.

I'm still at the start - an asteroid mining complex overrun with psychotic robots - but it has already dragged me in. The opening credit sequence with the introduction crawling up the screen to the familiar strains of the Star Wars theme still sends a shiver up my spine. I'll probably go and see the final Star Wars film when it comes out, but I think that the real Star Wars experience is now to be found in the Kotor series.

No comments: