Saturday, January 15, 2005

Tired

I had another restless night. Ms was due to see her mother for the first time in six weeks, and it was making me anxious. I just made a cup of tea and was about to settle down to look at the latest Huygens pictures when the power went off. I rang the electricity company and a recorded message told me that it was the whole of our postcode area that was affected.

Great.

I boiled some water on the stove to wash with and set about getting the kids ready to go out. I felt very irritable - a vicious circle of tiredness and stress and I was really struggling to keep calm. Fortunately the power came back on in time for us to get showers and a cup of coffee before we were due to go out, but a last minute hunt for Ms' mobile just before we left was another straw upon this particular camel's back.

Once we were in the car and moving I calmed down a bit, and in the end Ms only spent about an hour and a half with her mother. Enough time for something to eat and a look around some shops without any major arguments, and it seems that it is now accepted that Ms will live here permanently and see her mother every couple of weeks, which is a weight off my mind.

No comments: