Tuesday, December 21, 2004

Solstice

I was up well before the dawn this morning. By the time the sun rose, I had already been on the road for an hour on my way to Birmingham. The actual sun rise was spectacular - like a mountain of fire boiling through the low lying mist on the horizon. Seven and a half hours later I watched it set again, just before I set off for the return journey home.

I'd had a busy day - changing the location of the pricelist database, working out why the contracts manager didn't have access to it, moving the main accounts files to the new server, changing all of the shortcuts and favourites links that people had set up (and didn't know how to change) and setting up a new query in the timesheets database. Still, I came away with a nice bottle of Shiraz from my boss and a selection box from the payroll manager (*grin*) and some nice compliments.

The traffic was the usual nightmare, and by the time I got home I was dog tired unlike the dog who was raring to go for his walkies. I kept myself going for a bit longer before flaking out on the sofa with a comfort coffee with a dash of hazelnut syrup and a brandy and amaretto cream thingy on top.

The holidays start here ...

No comments: