Friday, December 24, 2004

ID Cards update

I faxed my mp (Helen Jackson) to say that EDS should on no account be considered for running any potential ID card system giving the complete hash they have made of every other large government system they have implemented. Apparently my letter has been passed on to the home office minister responsible (Des Brown) for consideration.

I am not one for political pontification on this blog, but ID cards are something that really worries me. They are proposing to consolidate vast amounts of data for no clear purpose, in a huge system that will interface with every bit of government and a lot of private business (businesses will be 'encouraged' to check the id of potential employees). If they can't manage to implement a child support system that only needs to collect four items of information per person how the hell are they going to do this one?


No comments: