Friday, November 19, 2004

Ice Ice Baby

The sky was clear this morning and I felt as if I could reach up into the darkness and touch the stars. The snow had frozen into a crust of ice that cracked and splintered as I walked through the piles of leaves. I didn't even attempt the top route to school - the road would not be gritted and would likely be dangerously icy. I followed the bus route around and dropped my daughter off on time, and got back in plenty of time to get her younger brother to school as well. A bit of an awkward round trip but comfortable enough in the new car - the quick defrost setting on the climate control saw its first serious use and cleared everything in a few minutes before settling down to a comfortable 22 degrees.

I wrote up my notes on the installation process for the tsg bods when they next need to do it with lots of screenshots for the hard of thinking. What's the betting that they still manage to cock it up and ignore the process all together? Still, I've cc'd the boss in on it, so they don't have an excuse.

Just when I thought things were going ok, I had a phone call from the ex. Actually several phone calls worth of abuse, but that's not really something to go into in detail here. Suffice it to say that it was very draining and not the ideal start to the weekend.

No comments: