Thursday, November 18, 2004

3 AM Eternal

I woke up at three o'clock this morning, tangled in sweaty sheets with my throat on fire. I stumbled into the bathroom for a drink of water and splashed my face to try and cool down. The radiator in the bedroom wasn't on, but the room felt oppressively warm and dry. I opened the window to let some fresh air in.

I was still thirsty, so I pulled my jeans on over my pyjamas and went in search of something cold. I found a drinks machine on the second floor and bought an overpriced bottle of Ribena. I returned to my room and drank the Ribena whilst watching a documentary on snowboarding in Andorra. I still couldn't sleep, so I played solitaire on my palm until I finally won a game of Baker's Game after nearly an hour.

I snatched a hour or two of troubled sleep before the alarm woke me up again at half past six.

Groan.

No comments: