Wednesday, September 16, 2026

The Man Who by Travis

Hey 1001Albums! Can you recommend me a very specific sort of album? It should be post-Britpop, low energy and unthreatening. The sort of thing that a BBC 6 Music DJ could play on a loop while they nip out for a cup of tea and a smoke, and no one would notice or complain. It should also sound a bit like the Beatles ‘Across the Universe’ by way of Oasis, but not close enough to be accused of plagiarism.

The lyrics don’t need to be super clever or original but there must be one absolute ear-worm of a hit single that would go down perfectly on a wet afternoon at Glastonbury when everyone is hung over and covered in mud. I want a guaranteed two stars or maybe three if I’m being charitable for some of the interesting twiddly bits in the background.

1001Albums: Have I got an album for you!

No comments: