Monday, January 01, 2024

Is this thing on?

The turning of the year is a traditionally a time for reflection and renewal. 

 I used to blog regularly, on here and before that on Livejournal, but when Twitter first appeared describing itself as 'microblogging' I posted my thoughts over there in 140 character chunks. I would use the Timehop app to look back on posts from previous years too, but it's only now that I see that I made a mistake on relying on it as a repository. 

I don't need to go into detail about what's happened over there, but I still miss it (or more accurately, I miss some of the people that I knew over there). Mastodon is a pretty good alternative for chatting with people from round the world, and Bluesky also has a place for the diaspora of RPG people that I know too, but neither of them is suitable for a long term archive. 

I then wondered if this place was still available, and it seems like it is, so I thought I'd see if I could use it on a regular basis again to see what happens. I want to use this to keep a record of the games (both TTRPG and videogames) I play this year, and also the books I read and TV/films I watch. 

It might just be one line reviews, but hopefully this will let me look back at the end of the year with a bit of perspective. I may even resurrect some of the things I used to enjoy such as regular haikus and collections of interesting links, but we shall see. 

So, I'm throwing this out there to see if anyone is listening?

2 comments:

Rachel Green said...

Still here, old friend.
Good to hear from you.

Alan said...

Yes still here, via RSS.