Friday, March 24, 2006

Music Meme

Stolen from Pretty Cunning the instructions said: List ten musical artists that you like, and then go answer the questions.

1. John Otway
2. Orbital
3. Dubstar
4. The Streets
5. Luther Wright and the Wrongs
6. ZZ Top
7. Bob Wills and his Texas Playboys
8. Ed Alleyne-Johnson
9. Tangerine Dream
10. The Shaman
  • What was the first song you ever heard by 6?
    Sharp Dressed Man
  • What is your favourite album of 8?
    The only one I have is Echoes, but I love it
  • What is your favourite lyric that 5 has sung?
    "I got a broken fuckin' heart"
  • How many times have you seen 4 live?
    Never.
  • What’s your favourite song of 7?
    Across the alley from the Alamo
  • What is a good memory you have concerning the music of 10?
    Dancing to "Move any Mountain" and feeling that nothing was impossible
  • Is there a song of 3 that makes you sad?
    St Swithen's Day. Melancholy writ large.
  • What is your favourite lyric that 2 has sung?
    I'm struggling to hink of an Orbital track with lyrics, but I have been known to sing along to their version of the Doctor Who theme.
  • What is your favourite song by 9?
    Tangram
  • How did you get into 3?
    I was very drunk on Strawberry Margaritas on my own in a Mexican restaurant in Edinburgh one night and the first album was playing. I listened to almost all of "St Swithen's day" before I recognised the song as a Billy Bragg track.
  • What was the first song you heard by 1?
    Beware of the Flowers (Coz I'm sure they're gonna get you, yeah!)
  • What’s your favourite song by 4?
    Turn the Page - a fantastic call to arms.
  • How many times have you seen 1 live?
    20 times, more or less
  • What is a good memory you have concerning 2?
    The first time I heard "Chime" on the John Peel show and realising that this was the sort of music I wanted to listen to.
  • What is your favourite song of 1?
    "Poetry and Jazz

1 comment:

Anonymous Me said...

A Grand Don't Come For Free is my favorite CD right now. I need to listen to more of their stuff.