Thursday, December 09, 2004

Listing

I like lists. It gives me a sense of purpose and an incentive to do things, so I can tick them off. I had two lists today :

Work
  • Set up data for subcontractors
  • Enter sample invoices
  • Check ODBC connectivity issues for referring to two SQL databases in one application
  • Extract the name and address table from the accounts system
  • Check the vb code for importing transactions
  • Email the programmer re moving the 'update all rows' button
  • Email the technical manager about getting a copy of the server backup files
  • Make sure the purchasing manager knows how to add items to the price database
Home
  • Put some washing on
  • Hoover the floor
  • Put the washing on the drying rack
  • Ring BT to get a code to cancel our broadband account
  • Ring Talk Talk to set up new account (cheaper and no limit)
  • Email the child benefit people to check the amount of our claims
  • Find Ms Dogwood's appointment card for the orthodontist
  • Fill in a form to have my share dividends paid into my bank (all £13 of them!)
  • Do some of the ironing
I can report that all items have been ticked off - huzzah!

No comments: