Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Coming back for more


The middle of the week, mostly clear blue skies and a touch of a breeze to freshen the air. It's been two days since the laser printer of doom was moved from its previous location next to my desk and my level of coughing and croaking has declined noticeably. I still think that I've got a touch of hay fever from the fields of rape seed that I drive past on the way to work, but it is nowhere near as bad as it has been. I still fell asleep in front of the telly last night, but I think that's more due to the usual level of busyness than fatigue.

In music news, I was dead chuffed that we were name checked in this interview with the very wonderful Velcro Teddybears - blush! I have said before that I love live music and I think it's important to support musicians by going to gigs, buying merch when they have it and talking about them online so they can build up a network of fans. I would much rather see the Teds playing a small gig than any number of bloated dinosaurs lumbering out of retirement to play their hits of twenty five years ago in a stadium for an exorbitant ticket price. Nuff said.

In OU news, another excellent tutorial on my M366 AI course and the second TMA submitted. I don't know if it’s the mix of philosophy and technology that sparks the free flowing debates that we get into, but it's quite unlike any other course that I have done and is most enjoyable. Where else can you talk about brains in jars, language development, swarm intelligences and whether the Google search algorithm could pass a Turing test?

In games news, I finally managed to find the last of the twenty four stones of Berenziah only to be told that I now needed to go and find the crown to set them in. Still, when I have done that I can leave the Thieves Guild to run itself and get back to the main story (or more likely wander round collecting mushrooms and flowers and saying 'hallo clouds, hallo sky', or something). Playing Skyrim has really whetted my appetite for revisiting the Baldur's Gate saga when it comes out on iOS this summer. Go for the eyes, Boo!

No comments: