Monday, April 09, 2012

One big moment

Phew!

Just under seven thousand words and my final end of module assessment paper for my T227 'Change, Strategy and Projects in the Workplace' is good to go. It's due on Thursday so that gives me a couple of days to read it through before finally submitting it. It's been interesting, but some of the assessments have been a little woolly, requiring some careful thought as to how to answer the questions. My tutor marked assessments have been in the 90s, so I must be doing something right.

Anyhoo, it's a rainy bank holiday, so after finishing writing and taking a nap, I've been playing Sid Meier's Pirates on the iPad. It's been one of my favourite ever games, going back to the original PC version that I played twenty five years ago (gulp!) in glorious 4 colour CGA graphics. It's an open world sandbox game of piracy, trading, treasure hunting, swashbuckling and ball room dancing on the Spanish Main of the sixteen hundreds. Great fun, and I think that the iPad version is quite easily the most polished and enjoyable iteration that I have played.

In other news, I am still buzzing from seeing Orbital last Thursday, as you can probably tell from my last Audioboo. My legs have just about recovered from dancing like a loon for just shy of two hours and I still have the music bouncing round in my head. The new album 'Wonky' really is superb and well worth picking up, if you haven't already. Top tip - get the deluxe version with a bonus disc of live tracks for an extra two squids.


From Orbital Manchester 05/04/2012





1 comment:

Lois Lindemann (three-legged-cat) said...

7000 words done - go you!

I'm a long way off that stage. I'm currently writing two TMAs (and questioning the wisdom of doing two modules at once) but will be very g;ad to get them both finished!