Sunday, March 13, 2011

My Own Sun

After an unpromising and rainy start, the day blossomed into glorious spring sunshine, perfect for a walk round the woods. We're keeping an eye on Barney at the moment because he's been limping on one of his front paws - we couldn't see any signs of a cut or anything stuck in it, but hopefully it will improve if he can be persuaded to rest it for a while.

In other news, I proof read my my M255 TMA and picked up a couple of mistakes in the document. One slightly clunky thing with this course is the need to paste source code into a word document to submit. It's easy to copy the wrong method if you are not careful, or for auto-formatting to kick in and screw up capitalization or indentation without you realising it. I also managed a bit of T215 work - we are kicking off a group collaboration project with an associated forum and wiki so I'm hoping the others in my team will get stuck in and contribute.

In security news, I've bitten the bullet and enabled two stage verification on my Google account. It really is worth doing this, particularly if you use Gmail or Google Docs for anything important. The process is a little long winded, but it helps if you have an iPhone or iPod touch you can use for generating verification codes. It's also very spooky to get a phone call from Google on your home phone as soon as you click the relevant button.

No comments: