Thursday, February 03, 2011

The Static Age

The dawn may only be two minutes earlier each day, but little increments do make a difference to me. I noticed a faint hint of red in the sky when I left this morning, and the official sunset time this evening was 16:52 which gives half an hour of twilight after that point. I am probably at my lowest ebb, energy wise, and I actually fell asleep for a couple of minutes at lunchtime today sat on one of the sofas in the break area at work when I was trying to read one of my OU documents.

In other work news, I managed to solve an awkward coding issue with constructing XML documents that I have been looking at for a while. The issue has been getting sufficient time to think about it without getting interrupted by other stuff, and when I realised where I had been going wrong it was a proper lightbulb moment.

Time for a coffee to perk me up, I think ...

No comments: