Saturday, February 19, 2011

Fever

Dammit, we both appear to have 'flu like symptoms' which could cover everything from a bit of bad cold to the ebola virus according to NHS direct. I was awake for most of the night, alternately shivering and feeling like my eyeballs were melting (and not in a good way).

I perked up in the morning after a couple of ibuprofen for breakfast and managed to make it round the snowy woods with the dog and do a bit of OU work (cat permitting) before I had to go back to bed again this afternoon. I felt so achy that I had to turf Frank the cat off of me because he was too heavy for my fragile bones. Yuck.

3 comments:

Nancy said...

As long as you don't start actually bleeding from the eyeballs, then it's probably not ebola. I'm very sorry you're feeling poorly, and I hope you both get back to good health as soon as possible.

maria said...

" feeling like my eyeballs were melting (and not in a good way). "

IS there a good way?

Feel better - maybe I should write "Feel better" in the follow up post to this, with you feeling still poorly but in a whole different way, but I'm already here.

So, feel better.

neil h said...

From somebody who lives in the land of Tequila and Mezcal, you shouldn't need to ask about good eyeball melting experiences ... :-)

I'm feeling much better now, thanks!