Monday, January 31, 2011

A Small Blue Thing

I think I may be feeling a bit fed up at the moment.

I had an odd dream the other night where I was having breakfast in a hotel and the tasty selection of muesli, yoghurt and fruit that I had chosen was cleared away before I had a chance to eat. In the dream I burst into tears - proper sobs of loss - which if you know me at all is most unlike my normal stoical behaviour.

Last night I came to play Plants vs Zombies on my Macbook. For some reason, my save game got lost in the ether and I was back to the start with no zen garden, and no endless survival mode to be seen. On the Steam login it still says I have 28 hours of play logged, but I have nothing to show for it. This upset me more than is logically sensible for such a trivial thing as a video game, much less one I have happily completed multiple times on my iPhone.

Daft, I know. Still, try to stay positive and all that, and keep looking forward to lighter days as the year progresses. In another week or two it should be at least starting to get light as I leave the house as well as being light for some of the trip home in the evening.

3 comments:

Hockey Cardboard said...

forge onward neil - not sure what the game talk was all about, but i hate when shit i do doesnt save

thermalsatsuma said...

Cheers dude! I'm trying to look on the bright side ...

Anonymous Me said...

Funny dream, weeping over lost muesli. :-) I guess some emotion needed an outlet and the dream provided one. Being less stoic, I might actually cry in real life if someone took my food away. Very frustrating about the game, though!