Sunday, December 12, 2010

Good Morning, Morning

Another cat related incident to report - for some reason the kitchen door wasn't shut properly and so at half past five I had a wake up call from a certain ginger kitteh purring loudly, scratching at the blankets and finally biting my face until I woke up and gave her some food. At least I was able to go back to bed and sleep for another hour or so before facing the day properly.

After not doing any OU work at all yesterday, I got stuck into Unit 7 today and polished off three chapters with some work on refactoring code and overloading/overriding methods. Interesting stuff and really getting into the nitty gritty of object oriented code design. Once I've finished this unit, I should be able to have a crack at TMA 02 which will put me somewhere around the end of January on the course schedule. I'd like to get as far ahead as I can to give me a buffer for when I start my T215.

We've just watched 'A Room for Romeo Brass' which was another utterly compelling Shane Meadows film. What initially seems like a light hearted comedy about two boys from neighbouring houses takes a very dark turn indeed mid way through. Paddy Considine is superb as Morrel, the loner that the boys befriend when he rescues them from an attack by some older kids. Well worth a watch.

No comments: