Friday, October 01, 2010

Lime in the coconut

The weather has turned from needing the windows open in the office yesterday to chucking it down with rain for most of the day today. I thought I had found a gap in the showers around teatime, but it came down again when me and the dog were half way round our circuit leaving us both soaked.

Bit of an odd day really - I logged onto work this morning and wondered why it was taking such a long time to establish a database connection, so I rebooted and tried again, still with no joy. I rang the office and found out that the servers were being moved, hence scuppering the plans I'd had for the day. I resorted to plowing through the software developers notes for the payroll legislative changes that we need to spec out for the next release.

In between bits of work I downloaded the pdf versions of my course notes to my Kindle, and I was very pleased with the results. It is very handy to have an entire bookshelf's worth of notes on something the size and thickness of an A5 envelope. I am still not quite used to the idea of not having to switch it off at any point, as the electronic ink display consumes no power unless you are turning a page. Very clever.

In games news, not much to report other than the usual round of Words, Carcassonne and rather a lot of frog cross breeding. I've not felt much like playing Halo:Reach this week - I had had it in mind to play last Sunday until the great shower door disaster of 2010. We've got the new panel and door to fir tomorrow, so maybe I'll be in the mood after that, although I should make a start on my OU work as well.

Anyhoo, enough of such thoughts, it's Friday night - hurrah!

No comments: