Friday, September 17, 2010

No Pressure

A cold start, but brilliant sunshine to follow. Not bad I reckon.

I needed the light today, as a series of minor stresses started to pile up one after the other. First up was an issue at work which got bounced back from testing a couple of times as different cases in the customers data showed up issues that needed to be catered for in the code. Not difficult, but life would have been easier if all of the possible cases had been specced out in the first place.

Secondly, my car was in for service today. Not usually a problem as the garage comes to collect it, does the work and brings it back again. Today though, I had a call from the mechanic at the MOT test centre saying that the parking brake was jammed on and he couldn't move the car. I had to call the lease company, who put me through to the RAC, who asked if the garage couldn't fix it and passed me back to the lease company, who rang the garage, who said they couldn't fix it, and passed me back to the RAC who sent out an engineer who went to the garage and found out that the mechanic didn't actually realise that it was a foot operated parking brake (the lack of a handbrake being a bit of a clue). This was at the same time as I was getting calls from work about issue number one above.

Thirdly, the car didn't get delivered back until six o'clock by which time the dog was whining for his walkies and then when I went into the kitchen to go out ...



One of the cats had brought in one of the doves that have been roosting on the side of the house. No prizes for guessing who the evil culprit was ...



Birdie? Wot birdie?

So, all in all I am about ready for a Friday night drinkie and Rock Band thrash - anyone else want to play?

1 comment:

Anonymous Me said...

That does sound like a stressful. I think it's okay if you have an extra drink tonight. :-)