Saturday, September 18, 2010

The Battle of Epping Forest

Well, actually it was more the skirmish of the bushes at the end of the garden, but I did take advantage of the dry weather to do a bit of hacking and slashing until I had filled up a medium sized Hippo bag with branches (one cubic yard, fact fans). It conveniently fills the back of the car, so we took it to the dump and dumped it.

The rest of the day was taken up with nomming left over pizza, playing two simultaneous games of Carcassonne - one with the Lufferov in the UK and the other with Beck on hols in the Canaries, having a refreshing afternoon snooze and then a bit of Halo:Reach for good measure. I've played a couple of hours of the single player campaign now and I'm really enjoying it, even though I've only just figured out how to use the armour boosts. It's very satisfying to call in an airstrike and then activate the armour lock which freezes you in place but gives you temporary invulnerability. Suffice it to say that the resultant explosion gives the surround sound a real workout ...

It's getting dark outside now, so it's time to switch on my Lumie light and have a gingerbread latte.

No comments: