Sunday, August 15, 2010

Good Morning, Morning

At last, a spot of summer sunshine worthy of breaking out mah favourite hat for the statutory two walks today! I think this is probably the sort of weather that suits me best - sunny and pleasantly warm without being oppressively hot, and with a touch of a breeze too. Smashing. Shame I've got to go back into the office tomorrow, really.

I was up at a civilised hour this morning. Not so early as to precede the lark, but late enough to allow a gradual restoration of the senses from the tangled webs of dream without unseemly haste. I even felt energetic enough to take advantage of the sunshine to cut the grass, although I didn't use the leaf blower today - it always seems to leave me sneezing from the dust kicked up.

A shower, a walk and a cooked brunch, interspersed with a bit of game playing and an afternoon nap as well made for a most enjoyable day all round.

In games news, I signed up for a game of Diplomacy via Facebook. I've not played for years and I'm not entirely sure how it will pan out, but I'm looking forward to it. It strikes me that it would make an excellent game for an iPhone/iPad implementation with a Carcassonne/Words with Friends style of play.

No comments: