Friday, May 21, 2010

Hotdogs and Hamburgers

A splendidly warm day today, and I was working at home so I could run around in my pants in front of the fan as much as I liked to keep cool.

Work was frustrating. You'd think with a payroll system that there would some agreement about what actually needs to get sent to the HMRC as a P45 submission, but two of our clients came up with completely different requirements (and also differently weird data scenarios) that we had to negotiate between. Grumph. I did manage to get it sorted and hotfixed out though, and even had a thank you email back from the client. Which was nice.

I managed to do a bit more of my M150 TMA at lunchtime and after work, before going out to give the lawn a once over and activate the cheeseburger machine (AKA the barbecue) from its winter hibernation. Yes folks, we have a fridge full of cookable comestibles and we're not afraid to throw them on a fiery griddle! We also have beer and I'm going to have one as soon as I click publish on this.

Happy Friday!

1 comment: