Sunday, May 16, 2010

Chinatown

Jamie had one of his friends over to stay last night, so we went mad and ordered in a Chinese from our local takeaway which has had the good fortune to nab the URL www.hongkongtakeaway.com which they could probably flog for a fortune to a noodle bar in Kowloon if they were so minded. Anyhoo, I went for my usual Salt and Pepper squid with plain noodles and most nomilicious it was too. I washed it down with a bottle of Chinese Lucky beer that I picked up from Asda on Friday, mainly because I liked the bottle with a faintly sinister Buddha design:



In telly news, I rather enjoyed Doctor Who last night with the sinister dreamworlds, evil OAPs, the frozen Tardis and in what must be a first for primetime family viewing since Romeo and Juliet, the main character deliberately committing suicide out of grief. The writing continues to be excellent too, with more laughs than I can recall from the last season or so of angsty David Tennant.

No comments: