Sunday, April 04, 2010

Chocolate and Flowers

Another lazy day in the sunshine, with a couple of breezy walks to loosen the old cobwebs.

I've started using Wii Fit again, since getting the Wii Fit Plus disc recently, and I'm rather enjoying it. I'm taking things slowly to try and build up my fitness levels again, so I've been using a mix of routines for twenty minutes and then playing the chicken flying game where you have to flap your arms to fly between a series of landing zones. Great fun and surprisingly tiring too. At least it makes up for the bit of nommy Green and Blacks chocolate that I've indulged in today.

I must say that I really enjoyed Doctor Who last night. I wasn't sure about the comedy schtick at the start of the episode, but it soon livened up and rattled along at a fair old pace. Funny, scary and thoughtful, with jokes on lots of different levels for all ages. The idea of seeing monsters out the corner of your eye is one that will have had a fair few kiddlywinks scurrying behind the sofa, I'm sure. Matt Smith channels the boggle eyed alien-ness of Tom Baker with aplomb, and I really liked the nod to the previous incarnations too. Aces.

4 comments:

Anonymous Me said...

I think the flying chicken should be one of the aerobics exercises. Glad to hear you're enjoying it too.

thermalsatsuma said...

It was mainly because of your posts about it that I finally got around to buying it ... :-)

Helly said...

Nancy and I are engaged in a heated battle of flying chicken. My best score is 125 and she beat that yesterday with a 163. We could take our chicken battle international - how are you doing?

thermalsatsuma said...

My best score is 85 at the moment, so I've got a ways to go. I seem to end up flying too high and then taking ages to land on the targets which slows me down.