Friday, January 08, 2010

Middle of Winter

Crikey, it's cold out there. The sort of cold that gets into your marrow and grabs hold, refusing to let go. Time to turn the heating up a notch and have a cappuccino with vanilla syrup, I think.

Much as predicted, I failed to get off the end of the road this morning, although it turned out in the end that the meeting that I was supposed to go to didn't need anything from me that couldn't be sorted via email so I had a more productive day at home. Jan did a bit more shoveling so at least the area in front of the drive is clear now which means I should be able to get onto the road with a bit of momentum to get past the slippery bits.

The bad news is that the M150 java day school scheduled for tomorrow in Leeds has been canceled due to the weather, but the good news is that we're going to be doing it on-line instead. It should be fun if we can get an Elluminate session going (the OU's voice chat tutorial thingy) as well. I know that Maungy Mare is planning on (virtual) attendance, and it would be nice if some more of tutor group were around as well.

Right, nearly time to call in the UN peace keepers on Jamie's never ending game of Modern Warfare so I can get fired up for tonight's 1 vs 100 head to head death match with . Oh, and a mojito might be in order as well.

3 comments:

Saz D said...

I will be there but my voice will be muted due to no microphone for the PC. I have never needed one before now, I must invest in one now (and some elocution lessons)if the OU frequently use this system. I have just printed the exercises off and I am going to crack on with them now!

It is a good job I have lots of fresh coffee to get me through lol

Unknown said...

I do not know if you are about but Ian is in Elluminate now.

Saz

Redsmartie said...

Mojito's.. on a Friday? Well done that man.

My night with Pirate Jenny was well documented.