Sunday, December 20, 2009

Snowflakes

Another early (ish) start for some reason, but at least it allowed me to get on with the ironing and then a bit of T175 work with a break for a bacon sarnie with extra chillie sauce at some point. I made my posting to the forum discussion and then felt very tired for some reason, needing a half hour nap to get my mojo back.

As threatened the other day I got around to reinstalling Second Life, and even remembered the account I had originally. The good points are that it seems to run OK and I managed to find the virtual Open University campus quite easily. The bad points were that the world was a very empty place and I couldn't get the hang of designing an avatar that looked even remotely like me. I suspect that they make it purposely obtuse so as to create a market for designers to sell you custom faces and the like.

OU Second Life Campus on Twitpic

The snow started sometime in the early afternoon, slowly at first and then quickening to large, floating flakes dancing dreamily in the breeze. I know it is not much in the grand scheme of things, but seeing the world blanketed in white if only for a short while always gladdens the heart. We took the dog for a walk in the woods and he was dashing hither and yon, finding trees freshly coated in snow to leave his mark on. Lovely.

Back home in the warm now, so as the song goes - let it snow, let it snow, let it snow!

Just been out walking in the woods - magical! Nice to be tuck... on Twitpic

No comments: