Courtesy of Maria
5. Fish and Chips. The classic combination - hot, crispy batter, succulent fish (preferably cod), large, irregularly cut chips that steam when you bite into them, mushy peas (just don't ever google the manufacturing process), and salt and vinegar. Perfect, especially for that greasy, faintly sickly feeling that you get when you've eaten too much. Even better by the seaside.
4. Stilton cheese. Sharp, tangy, crumbly and rich. Perfect in sauces, melted on pizza or by itself.
3. Not technically a food, but Tabasco Habanero sauce improves just about everything it is sprinkled on. Seriously fiery.
2. If I had to choose one foodstuff to eat every day it would be pasta, and for choice I would go for spaghetti carbonara. A rich, creamy sauce, crispy bacon, parmesan cheese and black pepper. Yum.
1. My favourite food is the triumvirate combination of wasabi, a mushroom sushi roll with a drip of soy sauce followed by a sliver of pickled ginger. I can highly recommend Little Tokyo in Leeds.