Courtesy of TheBusToCrookes
Ooh, this is a tricky one. The things that I'm going to pick are certainly appreciated by at least some people in Sheffield, but maybe not further afield. I've also picked some things that I don't appreciate as much as I ought to.
5. Henderson's Relish An iconic fixture of Sheffield chip shops, this is essentially just flavoured vinegar with extra spices and secret ingredients. I like it, but I never seem to actually getting around to buying a bottle.
4. The Fat Cat A fantastic real pub with great food that I haven't been to since the great flood of two years ago
3. Designer's Republic An iconic futurist design agency that was hugely influential in its day, but now sadly out of business. I still have considerable fondness for the design work on 'Wipeout'
2. The Winter Gardens I had no idea that these even existed until this year. A fantastic structure and a little tropical oasis in the middle of the city.
1. Monkey Swallows the Universe I only found out about this band after I saw the founder member Nat Johnson supporting John Otway at the Boardwalk. Coincidentally I was sent the track 'Sheffield Shanty' on a mix cd and you might like to go and listen to it here