Saturday, November 10, 2007

Strange Days

It's been a weird week.

I've been worrying about various friends in hospital for one thing. I'm not a fan of hospitals at the best of times, and my own experience of them has fortunately been limited to a single bit of day surgery. When I visit hospitals, or read about my friends experiences, I must admit to a certain feeling of "There but for the grace of god go I" if that wasn't such a twatting stupid expression. If there was a god, or goddess, or flying spaghetti monster why would he/she/noodly being choose to torment that person and spare me in my state of pastatheism? Hmmm.

I've been fighting a running battle against fleas too. I noticed them on Daisy, mainly because they stand out against her pale skin but the other animals have been scratching as well. So, it's been out with the flea drops, the spray for the beds and odd places the pets like to snooze and regular assaults with hoover against the rugs and carpets. I've escaped being bitten so far, so hopefully I've got the little blighters on the run.

I noticed on Wednesday morning that the shed door was unlocked. Strange, I thought, and went to investigate. I then realized that the lock had been forced and some thieving toe rags had made off with Jamie's bike and my leaf blower. Oh crap, or words to that effect. After a brief pause for some right wing hang 'em and flog 'em sympathies, I rang the police to get a crime number. Hurrah for Direct Line insurance, who are going to supply (after knocking off the £50 excess) a brand new bike and a much better leaf blower than the rather cheap and nasty Homebase one the villains are now no doubt struggling with.

Friday night now, and time for pizza. Yaybo!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear that you have been burgled. Aren't sheds a good place to leave bear traps set?