Tuesday, November 29, 2005

Snow, sandwiches and songs

I love my little mp3 player. I’ve taken to loading it up with a random selection of songs and putting it on shuffle play whilst I’m out on my walks with the dog. Tonight I’ve been treated to Dubstar, Bjork (something off the Medulla album, I think), Led Zep and Beware of the Flowers by John Otway to finish on. I certainly wasn’t singing it when I was bringing the bin in and anybody who says I was is lying.

Secondly, Tescos at Dudley were being their usual rubbish selves when it came to selecting my lunchtime sarnie. No cheese and tomato for the umpteenth time, and the only thing that was remotely appetising was a monstrous concoction known as a Ploughman’s Wedge, presumably because it was big enough for him to use to prop barn doors open with.

Finally, the snow in the midlands had cleared enough so that the roads were clear, but the fields to the side of the motorway were a brilliant white under crisp blue skies this morning. I was expecting a slow journey, but it wasn’t too bad – a touch under two and a half hours in the morning and about the same coming home tonight.

Right, time for some Mario Kart DS methinks – anybody online?

 

No comments: