Saturday, November 26, 2005

Good Better Best

Fencing workshop today, and it seemed an awfully long time since the last one (actually only six weeks, but tempus fugit as they say). The hall was freezing, and it took us a while to get warmed up both mentally and physically, but after that it was a most productive day.

Lots of work on second and third intention attacks, and inviting an attack by leaving an opening to tempt your opponent into a rash move. The ultimate test of this was to do the defence blindfolded (or in my case with a bag over my mask) and when the parry actually connected, most satisfying it was too. All in all - BEST!

Secondly, Jan has just cooked us fajitas for tea, with cheese, sour cream, potato wedges and West Indian hot pepper sauce ... mmmmm! ACEBEST!

Finally, Jan read my mind and bought me a copy of Mario Kart DS from Game today. It's even better than I expected, with bright, colourful, smooth 3d graphics, intuitive and fluid controls, dozens of different tracks, race types and options, and best of all seamless, wireless internet multiplay. Yay! SUPERACEBEST!

As the denizens of uk.games.video.handheld would say, I HAEV TEH KRATS!!!1!! As I would say, I have had an excellent day.

If anyone else out there in blogland fancies a game, my friend code is  463 916 579 953

No comments: