Friday, October 07, 2005

A week is a long time

This has been a bit of a weird week. Work has been a bit fraught, with our query software for the accounts system stopping working for no readily apparent reason right in the middle of half year reporting. Cue lots of worried calls from the FD and other pointy haired management types, and finding out that our software supplier didn’t have a clue about the cause of the problem and took two days to escalate it to a company that did. We got it sorted on Thursday, just in time to find that the expenses recharging invoicing has turned into a complete nightmare since project managers have been responsible for inputting their own timesheets and are incapable of following simple instructions as to which days need to be marked as having overnight stays and travel expenses. Akkk.

I’ve also been to the doctors with a weird lump on the inside of my lip. It’s now about the size of a pea and I keep biting it when I’m eating, which is bloody painful. It won’t go away despite throwing antibiotics at it and it is irritatingly sore pretty much all of the time now. Apparently, it is classed as ‘non-urgent’ so if the doctor can’t get it reclassified, I’m going to see if I can get it looked at privately.

What else? My car had its first service today, and Reg Vardy of Rotherham came and collected it and delivered it back all clean and shiny, so yaybo for them. I know that I pay a shedload of tax for having a company car, but it doth hath its privileges with not having to worry about big unexpected bills for servicing and such like.

Right, time to walk the dog, feed the kids and then play today’s Twenty Lives …

No comments: