Saturday, October 15, 2005

San Andreas

Well, I’ve finished it. Seventy something hours of play and seventy three percent completed. I feel at a bit of a loose end now. It is far and away one of the most engrossing gaming experiences of my life. The sense of scale when flying around with the jetpack, the sheer rush of driving a bike the wrong way along a busy freeway, the freedom to go anywhere and do just about anything. Absolutely unbeatable.

I fired up GTA III and it felt so small, and I really missed the camera controls from San Andreas. I might spend a bit more time in Vice City – I think that I’ve still got some missions to do there, but we shall see. Still, now the nights are drawing in, I think it’s time to go back to either Doom 3 or Thief : Deadly Shadows, both of which need a darkened room to play properly.

No comments: