Tuesday, August 16, 2005

Yawn ...

By golly and by gosh, I'm tired. The after effects of fencing at the weekend and a shed load of work to complete before my holiday next week, combined with my brain already slipping into holiday mode, have left me feeling knackered. I managed to watch about twenty minutes of Battlestar Galactica last night before zonking out on the sofa. I vaguely remember struggling to open my eyes wide enough to get up stairs to bed and then waking up several times not knowing where I was.

Work today hasn't been much better and I think I've reached a caffeine plateau with each subsequent cup offering a diminishing return until all I'm left with is, in effect, a warm milky drink. I wonder if somebody has been making me de-caff by mistake? I'll make the next cup and be sure to put two spoons of coffee in to be on the safe side. The air conditioning is not working properly either and the office is now soporifically warm and muggy.

1 comment:

maria said...

There does come a point when caffeine does nothing for you. Except, of course, keep you up when you want to be sleeping, and keeping you in a tired/zombie state during the day that has nothing to do with actually being awake. I have been sooo tired lately, had two cups of coffee this afternoon and now I just wish I could nap.

Damn veracruzean coffee.