Wednesday, May 25, 2005

I (don't) have the power

There was a power cut this morning. At four o’clock. How do I know? Only because every bloody burglar alarm on the street went off at the same time. I closed the window and tried to get back to sleep, but half an hour later the cats decided that because it was light outside it must be breakfast time and they were going to scratch the side of the bed until I got up to feed them. I booted them off the bed and was nodding off again when I realised that the power to the clock radio had gone off, so I got up again to set the alarm on my palmtop, but in the end it wasn’t needed as I was still awake at a quarter past six.

I went downstairs and reset the trip switch on the fusebox, and then went round resetting all of the clocks that needed resetting and then went to enjoy a few minutes of silent contemplation in the smallest room.

The power then went off again … Tipping sodical.

No comments: