Tuesday, March 22, 2005

Ruby Tuesday

The heavens opened this morning in a deluge that left me and the dog soaked by the time we got home. Being a dog, he shook muddy droplets over the kitchen floor that I had cleaned only yesterday before I had a chance to wipe him down. Grrrr.

They've been putting speed bumps and chicanes in down on Burncross Road, and as a result the traffic has been calmed to the point of catatonia, so it took me nearly fifteen minutes to drive the two and a half miles from my house to the motorway. The journey to Dudley was a slog, brightened only by spotting the 79 that had been eluding me for a while. As soon as I walked through the door I was asked to look at a journal import problem (he was trying to use his own template, rather than the one I created and documented for him), and then to look at plans for two new costing systems that we are going to be looking at next week. Oh joy.

Still, at least I got a nice email from somebody that I helped out yesterday :

'You want to be careful being this efficient. word will get round.'

... and now I'm at home with a coffee in our new filter mug and the new Mitch Benn series on Radio 4 to chuckle at. Bliss ...

2 comments:

cerebral pig said...

*Our* new filter mug?!!!

Unknown said...

Catatonia... I miss them...