Sunday, March 27, 2005

Easter Eggs

We've had some fun this morning. Ms Dogwood was convinced that we had forgotten about Easter and kept asking what day it was in pointed tones, before cracking and asking "Isn't it supposed to be Easter Sunday today?" Of course, I told her it had been postponed due to the pope being ill, and I think she was quite worried for a while ... she's easier to wind up than a clock.

Of course, I hadn't forgotten, but I, errrm, I mean the Easter Bunny had left a trail of clues and mini eggs around the house for the kids (and nan) to follow. My favourites were

Fat and thoughtful, have a think,
If you find this clue you'll be tickled pink.

and

You need him to carry your bags on the links,
And other bags, perhaps for drinks

which had them alternately scratching their heads and then haring round the house when they twigged on. We've now got Mrs Dogwood's mum and dad here for lunch which is currently in the oven, so I think a glass of wine is in order ... :-)

No comments: