Tuesday, February 22, 2005

Snow business

Well, as predicted we had a fair covering of snow this morning, and my cold got worse during the night. I woke up several times struggling to breath through a bunged up nose and by six o'clock when the alarm went I was feeling rough. Master Dogwood was off school with the same bug, and so I set off to drop Ms at school. As I opened the car door to get the scraper out, a huge chunk of snow dropped inside on to the passenger seat - hmmm, not good. The traffic was stationary, and the round trip took three times longer than normal. I rang up the office and found that the person I was supposed to meeting today in Birmingham hadn't turned up, so I made an executive decision to stop at home. I'm not sure whether to go to Leeds or not tomorrow - I'll just have to see how I feel in the morning.

No comments: