Sunday, November 28, 2004

Strange Days

Awake at five o'clock this morning, fit for nothing but to continue the game Baker's Solitaire I had started four and a half hours previously.

I had arranged to take my daughter, Ms Dogwood, to the local shopping mall to meet her mother in a reasonably public place. I felt stupidly anxious about it, but I knew that it had to be done. We sat and had a coffee (well, actually a Costa Coffee Chocalisimo which is a fantastic sensory overload), and made polite conversation for a while and then Ms wanted to look at books and goth jewellery as is her wont. Her mother put up with this for a bit, and then started complaining about being tired so Ms and I made our excuses and left.

By the time I got home, a wave of tiredness washed over me and I slept for over an hour to catch up on the sleep lost due to worry the previous night. Does the ex realise the effect that she has on me and her daughter? Somehow, I doubt it ...

No comments: