Monday, November 15, 2004

High Anxiety

I was awake at five o'clock this morning.

In fact, I've been waking up around then pretty much every day since the clocks went back, and I'm starting to feel tired. There's a lot going on in my head at the moment and lying in the dark waiting for the alarm to go off is a recipe for anxious thoughts. I know in the cold light of day (and boy was it cold this morning) that the things that I am being blamed for are not my fault, and there is no way that they could remotely be my fault, but that doesn't stop my subconcious from worrying at the thoughts from different angles like a dog gnawing on a bone.

I'm going to talk to my gp tomorrow and perhaps that will give me a different perspective on things. More cogently I am going to bash some folk with a long pointy metal thing for two hours tonight which should tire me out and switch my brain off for a while.

No comments: