Thursday, November 03, 2005

Darkness

This time of year always leaves me feeling drained. The combined effects of the clocks going back, the weather being gloomy, being stupidly busy with a new business critical system at work (two journeys to brum this week, and another two next week) and feeling generally run down have all taken their toll. I know that I am likely to be snappy and irritable, at least until I can see some daylight at the weekend.

Every item on my to do list today (apart from my work items) has started with the letter F. What is this – am I living in a Sesame Street parallel universe?

  • Freezer – defrost
  • Fix cat Flap
  • Flea drops for pets
  • Floors – hoover and clean
  • Fetch Jamie from school

Call of Cthulhu continues to be excellent. After a couple of hours exploring the town of Innsmouth (a bit like Royston Vasey by the sea) and gradually piecing together some of the history of the place, the whole game stepped up a gear with a frantic, nerve pounding escape from some murderous locals, exploring a sewer that is evidently home to something that disolves the skin off people and finally being holed up in a desecrated church with only the crucified corpse of the local vicar for company. Lovely.

 

1 comment:

maria said...

AH, I hate not seeing sunlight. Soon as I start working I will not see the light of day. It's a drag, really.